Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Comments of three custodians who participated in the project

Here are the comments of three of the custodians who participated in the project. These custodians trained me and the students. They supervised our work as we did their job. Their comments were written in Arabic, and translated by Enas Abdel Azim. I thank her for her support. 
 
1. Hend Nabil Moustafa Soliman:
I would like to thank you Dr. Warigia for what you did, and I want to tell that I  have a wonderful feeling of your interest in custodians and their work and thiking of them. I am realy impressed of your act and it proves that not the whole community is avoiding us and there are some people who cares about our feelings and our efforts to serve the AUC community. In addition I wish to see other staff members and AUC students thinking the same way you did. Many Thanks
 
2. Seham Ashraf Abdo:
I am very happy with what happened cause it made me feel that my job is an important one in the society, and I wish if everyone in the university experience the same feeling as you did. Moreover your experience motivated me to do a better job and to be proud of myself. Many Many Thanks
 
3. Ahmed Al-Tantawy:
I am very happy with what happened cause this situation made me feel the respect and the interest of a faculty member towards my job. I got a very positive feeling about my job  and I feel now it is an important one as any other job at AUC. I wish everyone in the university have the same feeling that you showed to us and to our job.
 

3 comments:

  1. Dear DR. Warigia

    The words are not enough to describe my feelings about this project. All of us learn a lot from it. I belive that it's the first time at AUC Professor and master student did this project. The custodians know who much we respect them and who much we car about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just catching up on your blog posts now, Warigia, and am SO impressed by this project. I actually think that some version of this would be immensely valuable in the US context as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gretchen

    Thank you so much for your kind words. I also think that community based learning can be used very well in the US. I am not sure how to translate this specific project into america, but would love to hear your thoughts.

    Rigia

    ReplyDelete